Subscriptions Queries

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

ncf1

Re: Subscriptions Queries

Post by ncf1 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:06 pm

Hey JD!
It takes around about 2 weeks after it is announced on the forums / folks from the UK get theirs.

JD!

Post by JD! » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:43 am

Thanks for that, ncf1! :D

Aezeroony

Post by Aezeroony » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:48 am

Hi,

Just wondered when issue 95 was posted out to the subscribers because i usually get my magazine about a week before the shop date but so far nothing for this issue, this is the 3rd time since xmas that this has now happened to me (unless it comes in the post tomorrow or thursday which i doubt) and it really isn't good enough for a magazine a subscribe to not to appear 3 times in the last few months, please get back to me at your earliest convenience, many thanks,

Aaron.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:12 pm

You might have better luck PM'ing the Subs Manager (She has a post on page 1 of this thread) or calling the number for RG

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:51 pm

Aezeroony wrote:Just wondered when issue 95 was posted out to the subscribers because i usually get my magazine about a week before the shop date but so far nothing for this issue, this is the 3rd time since xmas that this has now happened to me (unless it comes in the post tomorrow or thursday which i doubt) and it really isn't good enough for a magazine a subscribe to not to appear 3 times in the last few months, please get back to me at your earliest convenience, many thanks,

Aaron.
Erm, has anyone received 95 yet? The feedback thread suggests otherwise so I would chill until the weekend!!
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

harlequ1n

Post by harlequ1n » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:19 am

The weirdest thing just happened. I got a couple of emails informing me of new issues... except they're issues 21 and 22, and even more incredibly, the iPad app shows issues 20-25 available for download while claiming that I have only 6 months of subscription left regardless of me subscribing this past July.

Mousey

Post by Mousey » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:19 pm

harlequ1n wrote:The weirdest thing just happened. I got a couple of emails informing me of new issues... except they're issues 21 and 22, and even more incredibly, the iPad app shows issues 20-25 available for download while claiming that I have only 6 months of subscription left regardless of me subscribing this past July.
A very similar thing happened to me, so I've registered on the forum to let you know you're not alone!

I had 4 issues remaining on my subscription, and received 2 e-mails advising of a new issue. So I loaded the app, and after spending about 30 minutes trying to log in to my account (seriously), finally got in to witness my subscription vanish and be replaced with issues 21 - 24 available to download.

Obviously I was not happy (as well as baffled), as I want issues 95 - 98 as my next four, not back issues! I e-mailed customer support yesterday, but I've not had a response yet.

One thing that has happened though, is issues 21 - 24 were initially in my 'Purchased' tab, but now they only appear under the 'All' tab and show as 'Free' (where it would normally say 'Download' or 'View'). I haven't dared download them though, because I don't want to "accept" them as part of my subscription.

My subscription is nowhere to be seen in the app, including any kind of option to re-subscribe (not that I would, until this fiasco is sorted out!).

Grayswandir

Post by Grayswandir » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:01 pm

You guys are not alone,
logged into my iPad RetroGamer app, and it automatically deducted 4 subscription issues from my remaining amount, and downloaded 21-24.
As I already have these on the archiveCD I wouldn't have downloaded them again. I emailed support through the in-app option but haven't heard back.

Mousey

Post by Mousey » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:16 am

Still not had a reply from support (2 days later), but I think this new app has something to do with our problems:

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/retro-ga ... 05650?mt=8

I suspect that, due to the new "Newsstand" functionality in iOS 5, they have cancelled our existing subscriptions and provided us with back issues (that we couldn't even choose!) in lieu of the outstanding issues.

I hope I'm wrong. It's bad that we've had no e-mail advising of what they planned to do (or in our cases, have done!).

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:55 am

I've passed this on, so hopefully there will be an answer soon.

Darran

wishlish

Post by wishlish » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:22 am

The problem has gotten worse overnight.

At first, it had done for me what it did for everyone- use up my last subscription credits on back issues without giving me access to the new issue. Now, after I transitioned to the newer Newsstand-friendly app, it won't recognize my account, and some of the issues I had previously paid for and downloaded are unavailable to me. Emails to support are not being answered.

HELP!

Mousey

Post by Mousey » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:58 am

wishlish wrote:At first, it had done for me what it did for everyone- use up my last subscription credits on back issues without giving me access to the new issue. Now, after I transitioned to the newer Newsstand-friendly app, it won't recognize my account, and some of the issues I had previously paid for and downloaded are unavailable to me. Emails to support are not being answered.
I haven't installed the Newsstand app for fear of something like this happening. I'm not sure if our old app account is even compatible with the new app?

Hopefully someone has just pushed the wrong "button" and it will all be resolved soon.

LAIS

Post by LAIS » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:03 am

I'm having issues also, new issues weren't appearing (or rather, the advertised older ones) so I tried downloading the new app. It wouldn't recognise my account, made me sign for a new one, but no issues at all appear in the app. On top of this, I now can't sign into the old app with my old account, and I can't access any of my old purchases to read.

wishlish

Post by wishlish » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:29 am

Mousey wrote:
wishlish wrote:At first, it had done for me what it did for everyone- use up my last subscription credits on back issues without giving me access to the new issue. Now, after I transitioned to the newer Newsstand-friendly app, it won't recognize my account, and some of the issues I had previously paid for and downloaded are unavailable to me. Emails to support are not being answered.
I haven't installed the Newsstand app for fear of something like this happening. I'm not sure if our old app account is even compatible with the new app?

Hopefully someone has just pushed the wrong "button" and it will all be resolved soon.
The weird thing was, at first after I switched, everything was fine. I was able to download the issues into the new app. Then when I logged in this morning, everything went to hell.

wishlish

Post by wishlish » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:07 pm

The problem with Newsstand with my already purchased items seems to have been resolved. I did have to recreate my account with the same info, but all of my purchases are now valid after I re-downloaded them.

Still waiting to hear about the subscription snafu, though, and issue 95 is just sitting there, waiting for this to get resolved so I can read it.

LATER EDIT: OK, got an email, all fixed, and issue 95 is mine! The sub credits are fixed, too.