Subscriptions Queries

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

PhoenixReborn

Re: Subscriptions Queries

Post by PhoenixReborn » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:56 am

There is nothing odd about it. I took a chance on a service and it didn't pan out as I thought it would. Things like this happen all the time. Plus, Imagine Publishing can be weird and perplexing as well with their customer service. Anyway, I'm getting the problem sorted out and that all that matters. End of discussion.

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:21 pm

Ooops! Sorry PhoenixReborn - for some strange reason I thought it was the feedback thread :oops: :oops: :lol: Trust me to reply after a long shift and a few pints!

I hope you get to the bottom of this - and I hope that you either get all the issues owed or a credit (from Amazon) for them. Good luck and please stick around the forum :D
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

PhoenixReborn

Post by PhoenixReborn » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:34 pm

That is ok markopoloman. No hard feelings here. I got the situation straightened out. It seems like Amazon is a horrible magazine subscription manager. If I decide to still be subscribed to retrogamer I would go directly to them.

billdooruk

Post by billdooruk » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:04 pm

When was issue 86 on sale, in the shops, and when was it dispatched to subscribers as I've not received mine yet?

I also had delays with the last issue too ???

Cheers

smila

Post by smila » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:47 am

is anyone else having problems using thier excisting subscription number?

every time i try the website and enter my number i get an error - the sub dept did reply to me and said it was working, but it aint for me.
god created the sid chip so hubbard could make music

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:29 am

Give em a ring mate, number is in the mag. FYI you are legally entitled to a replacement as goods weren't up to standard so don't worry about if it's possible, it is required.
Xbox Live: RetroBob

lavalyte

Post by lavalyte » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:58 am

Twice my yearly subscription has run out without so much as a peep from the publisher via email. A simple reminder before the fact would be nice next time.
'I have nothing but the greatest respect for other peoples' crackpot beliefs' - Sam The Eagle.

Subs Manager

Post by Subs Manager » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:26 am

lavalyte wrote:Twice my yearly subscription has run out without so much as a peep from the publisher via email. A simple reminder before the fact would be nice next time.
Hi there

Did you not receive any letters from us regarding your subscription? You should have received 3 letters before your subscription ended and then if we have your email address an email from us after your last issue?

If you can PM me your name and address and email address I can make sure we have all your details correct so in future you receive all our email renewal messages

I'm really sorry that our service wasn't up to scratch on this occasion it is something we are always looking at and reviewing and any feedback is really useful

Many thanks

Lucy
Carly Archer
Subscriptions
Imagine Publishing

e: carly.archer@imagine-publishing.co.uk

Flat Eric

Post by Flat Eric » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:31 am

I received a letter. The only problem is: I'm living in Germany and last year, I had the problem, that I couldn't get the special offer because the letter arrived too late. :-(

This time, I received the letter on April, the 8th. That was probably 2 1/2 weeks later than the offer was at disposal, but it worked.
PSN: FlatEric81 Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/retrostage

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:08 am

How do I change the address that my mag goes to as I have no clue.
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:46 pm

You have no clue as to where your mag goes to?!!! Wow - you been reading it in the shops all these years? :lol: :wink:
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

mike_nz

Post by mike_nz » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:28 pm

Hi Lucy,
I have just placed a new subscription order and have just received my confirmation Email - Account Number 6208
The final page of the order process stated that my first magazine will be the next issue out (#89)?
I was hoping there would have been a option to start the subscription at the current issue advertised on your Web Site #88 (I really wanted the Missile Command article which is what prompted me to subscribe).
Is it possible to have my subscription start an issue earlier at #88?

Any help would be appreciated.
Regards
Mike

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:18 pm

markopoloman wrote:You have no clue as to where your mag goes to?!!! Wow - you been reading it in the shops all these years? :lol: :wink:
Everyones a comedian :lol: No, I just want to change the address from my mum and dads to my flat.
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

ThunderScreech

Post by ThunderScreech » Mon May 09, 2011 12:07 pm

Hi Lucy,

I renewed my subscription this weekend (with only one issue remaining in my current sub). Like lavalyte I have not received any letters or emails reminding me of my ending subscription. If there was a special offer (see Flat Eric's comment)for renewals I did not hear about them. Thus by renewing through my online subscription account on the weekend, I probably paid too much. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

When was #89 mailed out? I usually receive the issues close to the on-sale date, but still no sign of the latest issue here in Germany.

Regards
Thomas

romeoteknik

Post by romeoteknik » Tue May 17, 2011 6:09 pm

I never received issue # 88 and received issue # 89. I emailed the team and they have dispatched a replacement which should hopefully arrive this week. (7-14 days from initial email, so this week).

Update: Received the issue, fantastic support team!