Subscriptions Queries

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

markopoloman

Re: Subscriptions Queries

Post by markopoloman » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:50 pm

Have a horrible feeling my bank rejected the renwal :evil:

If that has happened, is there any way of keeping the subscription going with another account??
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:21 am

Thanks to Lucy, I am now the happy owner of 109 :D
What a little shining star you are :wink:

(BTW, I bet your other half hasn't made u a dinner tonight like I've made.... duck rogan josh :lol: yum!)

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:14 am

Hmmm no 110 yet..... Fingers crossed the direct debit worked :?

SpykeXD

Post by SpykeXD » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:09 am

I live in America and I usually get my issues from either Barnes & Noble or this computer store called Micro Center (Micro Center always has copies but in both stores they're always a month behind) and I would very much like to get a subscription but I don't know how to get a subscription to something from another country (I'm mainly wondering how much it costs).
If you can read this, you're too close to the screen

This is not the greatest and best signature in the world, this is only a tribute.

Like emulators? Join my Steam group! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/retro4life

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:33 am

Look here:
http://www.imaginesubs.co.uk/subscribe- ... uct-Widget

There is an international phone number at the top.. give them a call - they are very nice people :D

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:58 pm

Clicking that link tells us a US sub is 13 issues for £ 80.00 by Credit Card, order online. That's not a bad deal at all considering the increased cover price in the US at retail.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Subs Manager

Post by Subs Manager » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:38 pm

Hi Antiriad2097 and SpykeXD

Sorry I'd missed your posts - did you both manage to order your subscriptions OK or is there anything I can do to help? :D

thanks

Lucy
Carly Archer
Subscriptions
Imagine Publishing

e: carly.archer@imagine-publishing.co.uk

rolan

Post by rolan » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:38 am

Hi I've rung imagine publishing last week and left a voicemail, and when trying to ring today the line just says Caroline Firth and goes to Voicemail?

Anyway my problem is that I recently moved house twice in quick succession out of and back to the old place i was at I subscribe to RG and Games TM. Since this happened two issues of games tm havent turned up (one was sent to an invalid postcode and is Gods knows where and the other was sent after I'd moved back,even though i gave advance warning about moving) this months issue of retro gamer hasn't turned up (the one with the power ups on the front) ... I'm getting kind of sick of the people on the phoneline saying they'll just move my payment date back a month everytime a magazine goes awol, this doesnt make up for having a gap in the magazine order meaning ill either have to track one down on ebay or end up getting a lot less for a collection of magazines with a gap in them if i ever sell the lot. Ive had every retro gamer magazine since issue 30 and really don't want to have a gap or end up having to pay £6-£7 on ebay for something that should cost me £3.50..

apologies for the rant its just getting a bit annoying at this stage, especially as I'm only really buying games tm for the retro section and might end up getting rid of it if i keep getting gaps all the time... are there any copies of the rg magazine with the powerups on the cover still available? The last one i have is the January edition with the reddish cover... :( , no sign of the March issue yet although that might not be out yet to be fair...

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:12 am

You should be able to pick up back issues on the Imagine Shop website, www.imagineshop.co.uk I just ordered a couple of back issues of GamesTM myself in fact - they came through pretty quick.
Xbox Live: RetroBob

Subs Manager

Post by Subs Manager » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:01 am

Hi Rolan

I am sorry you've been having such issues - if you could email me directly and let me know which issues of Retro Gamer and Games TM have gone astray and also your full address (the one we should have on file) I will look into this and get it all sorted out!!

My email address is lucy.nash@imagine-publishing.co.uk

thanks

Lucy
Carly Archer
Subscriptions
Imagine Publishing

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:17 pm

I am still waiting for the new issue of RG :(

I phoned last week and they said a new one was on the way but still no sign :x

Subs Manager

Post by Subs Manager » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:19 pm

Hi Laird

Could you PM me your address and I can check when we mailed it out?

thanks

Lucy :)
Carly Archer
Subscriptions
Imagine Publishing

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:26 pm

^Lucy

What is the procedure for a missing issue ? I had a missing issue due to a house move about a month ago, i was told that you dont send out new issues, you simply extend a subscription by a month which you did.

But then i read above that some people seem to be getting a new issue (The Laird etc), i had to find and buy a copy off ebay (2 quid more !), would have rather had a new issue sent to me than my subscription extended by a month.

I'm not looking to get the £2 i paid for the missing issue from ebay, but would be good if everyone was dealt with the same, eg if an issue doesnt turn up - do you send a new copy or extend the subscription ?

Subs Manager

Post by Subs Manager » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:40 pm

Hi PSJ3809

I am really sorry that you had to source a replacement copy from eBay at further cost. Our policy is always to replace if we are notified within a reasonable time after it should have been delivered, or to offer an extension if they do not want a replacement especially for Retro Gamer as we know how our subscribers like to collect issues.

If you could please PM me your address details I would like to look into this and speak to the customer services person you spoke to and make sure they understand this for the future.

I really am sorry you were made out of pocket by this and should anything like this ever happen again please raise it here or with me directly and I will make sure I get it resolved asap

Kind regards

Lucy
Carly Archer
Subscriptions
Imagine Publishing

crusto

Post by crusto » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:53 pm

Hi Lucy, I'm due to move house this coming Friday and need to provide details of my new address. Is it possible to do so here via pm or something, rather than over the phone?

Cheers

Eat your nans pants