Subscriptions Queries

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

Subs Manager

Re: Subscriptions Queries

Post by Subs Manager » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:32 am

Hi All,

Thanks to those that have been in contact.

Please accept our apologies for the delay on the arrival on some of the subscriber copies over the last two issues. Our production and mailing process has not changed and we are getting confirmation of postage as we always have done. Please be assured we are doing everything we can to find out what is happening to your copies once they leave our mailing house and are with Royal Mail for delivery.

It does look as though issues have been arriving yesterday and today, if your copy hasn't arrived by Wednesday please email me and I can arrange for a replacement to be sent.

In the meantime, we'll be passing on the details of those who have been in contact to see if this helps shed any light.

Thanks for your patience
Carly
Carly Archer
Subscriptions
Imagine Publishing

e: carly.archer@imagine-publishing.co.uk

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:14 am

I finally got mine on Saturday.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:34 am

The Laird wrote:I finally got mine on Saturday.
Same here. For months i used to get the issue early but the last two (specially last month) its been late. Hopefully it'll go back to normal, somethings not quite right at the mo

thingonaspring

Post by thingonaspring » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:59 am

mine turned up thursday or friday, but i went into 2-3 shops on sunday, and the old one was still the magazine on the shelves in all of them.

adippm82

Post by adippm82 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:17 am

Mine finally arrived on Saturday, two months in a row it has been late for me now, I am in Cambridgeshire.

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:24 pm

I imagine the problem lies with royal mail, rather than RG/IP.

Just like everything else these days - what once was a well working public service is now either totally underfunded or too concerned with profit over customer (police, fire, nhs, public transport).
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:16 am

greenberet79 wrote:I imagine the problem lies with royal mail, rather than RG/IP.

Just like everything else these days - what once was a well working public service is now either totally underfunded or too concerned with profit over customer (police, fire, nhs, public transport).
Yeah 100% Royal Mail. They must have changes some procedure or something, hopefully Imagine can talk to them about it. Its the way its just been the last 2 months, before that always used to get it super early.

Subs Manager

Post by Subs Manager » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:07 pm

Hi All,

Thanks for your patience whilst we’ve been trying to get to the bottom of why some of our subscriber copies have been arriving late.

Royal Mail have now confirmed that issue 147 was affected by a 24-hour delay which explains why some copies arrived late. Unfortunately it is still not clear why issue 146 copies were delayed. We have been assured that future UK copies will be delivered, at the latest, the day before they go on sale in shops. I have popped a list of the next couple of on sale dates below;

Issue 148 – Tuesday 3rd November
Issue 149 – Friday 27th November

Please keep giving your feedback and updates, it’s really valuable to us.

If anyone in the UK is still waiting for their copy of issue 147, please let me know.

Thanks
Carly
Carly Archer
Subscriptions
Imagine Publishing

Timothy Redux

Post by Timothy Redux » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:03 pm

psj3809 wrote:
greenberet79 wrote:I imagine the problem lies with royal mail, rather than RG/IP.

Yeah 100% Royal Mail. They must have changes some procedure or something, hopefully Imagine can talk to them about it. Its the way its just been the last 2 months, before that always used to get it super early.
Probably the case, though I also get Game Tm via subs which used to come on the same day as RetroGamer in the post. Games TM still arrives on time, but not RetroGamer, which is odd.
The Artist Formerly Known as Timothy Lumsden...

David

Post by David » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:53 pm

i am finally a subscriber!

that £1 for 3 issues deal was too good to refuse :)

skinny

Post by skinny » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:05 pm

Hi, just received issue 148 and only now realised I didn't get issue 147. Is it still possible to get it?

Subs Manager

Post by Subs Manager » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:18 am

Hi skinny,

Please can you private message or email your name and address details? I'll check your account to see if issue 147 was posted out ok and then I can arrange for a replacement to be mailed.

Thanks
Carly :)
Carly Archer
Subscriptions
Imagine Publishing

skinny

Post by skinny » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:06 pm

Hi Carly,

Replacement arrived today, many thanks for your help

Pete

dpg50000

Post by dpg50000 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:57 am

Hi,

I see there is currently an offer on of 12 issues for £24.99, which is about half of what I've been paying as a loyal subscriber for years. What's the best way for me to get this price? Should I cancel my current subscription and take a new one out?

http://imagine.subscribeonline.co.uk/al ... e=XMAS154E

Subs Manager

Post by Subs Manager » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:13 pm

Hi dpg50000,

Our Christmas offer is available to our existing subscribers too, if you wish to renew your credit card subscription now using the Christmas offer you can either;

1. Visit http://www.imaginesubs.co.uk/myaccount simply log-in using your WEB ID and enter offer code XMAS154E when prompted or;

2. Call 0844 848 8412 UK and quote offer code XMAS154e (or +44 1795 592 872 from overseas).

If you subscribe by Direct Debit you will need to ask our Customer Service team at imaginesubs@servicehelpline.co.uk to cancel your current subscription and purchase a new subscription via the email you have received.

Thanks
Carly
Carly Archer
Subscriptions
Imagine Publishing