Subscriptions Queries

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

Darran@Retro Gamer

Subscriptions Queries

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:09 am

Seeing we now have a subs manager I thought we'd make a sticky so you can air any issues/questions you may have. I'm sure Lucy will do her best to answer your questions as soon as it's possible.

Madhunter

Subscription from Germany

Post by Madhunter » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:00 pm

I am from Germany and I subscribed to your great magazine last november.

The first issue 58 came very quickly.

But the current issue 59 has not arrived yet. How long does it normaly take, to send an issue to germany?

Best regards,
Peer Wandiger

boggyb68

Post by boggyb68 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:03 am

Thanks Darran..

Hi Lucy

Just a quick question:

I have every Retro Gamer since issue 2, it has been mentioned on a subscription thread below that you will replace missing copies from peoples collections, esp as I'm a subscriber. Is this the case?

If so can I have issue 1, with the coverdisk if that's possible?? I know it wasn't published by Imagine, so am probably being cheeky...

Thank-you in anticipation... :)

B.
Pinkle Squirmy Blip Blip Blip

Subs Manager

Re: Subscription from Germany

Post by Subs Manager » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:33 am

I am from Germany and I subscribed to your great magazine last november.

But the current issue 59 has not arrived yet. How long does it normaly take, to send an issue to germany?

Best regards,
Peer Wandiger

Hi Peer

We mailed out Issue 59 ages ago so I would have expected you to have received that by now as we have just mailed issue 60. I will check and see if there have been any delays but if you still have not received your magazine by the end of the week let me know - if you could email me your address details I can get a replacement out if needed

thanks

Lucy
Last edited by Subs Manager on Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carly Archer
Subscriptions
Imagine Publishing

e: carly.archer@imagine-publishing.co.uk

Subs Manager

Post by Subs Manager » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:40 am

boggyb68 wrote:Thanks Darran..

Hi Lucy

Just a quick question:

I have every Retro Gamer since issue 2, it has been mentioned on a subscription thread below that you will replace missing copies from peoples collections, esp as I'm a subscriber. Is this the case?

If so can I have issue 1, with the coverdisk if that's possible?? I know it wasn't published by Imagine, so am probably being cheeky...

Thank-you in anticipation... :)

B.
Hi there

Our subscriptions policy is that we will refund/replace any unmailed/unreceived issues of a subscription. But I'm really sorry we don't have any copies of issue 1 that I can mail out to you. Back issues of RG are like gold dust which is why the eMags are so fab. However that doesn't help you complete your collection - you could aways try ebay as people do sell back issues on there sometimes

Sorry I couldn't help more

Lucy
Carly Archer
Subscriptions
Imagine Publishing

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:45 am

boggyb68 wrote:If so can I have issue 1, with the coverdisk if that's possible?? I know it wasn't published by Imagine, so am probably being cheeky...
You can have my copy for £250?
:wink:
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

MikeHaggar

Post by MikeHaggar » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:22 am

Subs Manager wrote:Back issues of RG are like gold dust which is why the eMags are so fab.
Any chance of a reprint of the Load 01 eMag then? ;)

boggyb68

Post by boggyb68 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:44 pm

Bub&Bob wrote:
boggyb68 wrote:If so can I have issue 1, with the coverdisk if that's possible?? I know it wasn't published by Imagine, so am probably being cheeky...
You can have my copy for £250?
:wink:
Only £250... sounds a bargain... cash card and pin number on the way...

B.

boggyb68

Post by boggyb68 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:45 pm

Subs Manager wrote:Thanks Darran..Hi there

Our subscriptions policy is that we will refund/replace any unmailed/unreceived issues of a subscription. But I'm really sorry we don't have any copies of issue 1 that I can mail out to you. Back issues of RG are like gold dust which is why the eMags are so fab. However that doesn't help you complete your collection - you could aways try ebay as people do sell back issues on there sometimes

Sorry I couldn't help more

Lucy
No problems Lucy... it was all a bit tongue-in-cheek anyway.. :)

Regards

B.

PC BIL

Re: Subscription from Germany

Post by PC BIL » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:44 pm

Madhunter wrote:I am from Germany and I subscribed to your great magazine last november.

Best regards,
Peer Wandiger
I am from Germany (Schleswig-Holstein) too and I am a subscriber since issue 18. So far I received every single issue in fine condition!
Mostly I receive the latest issue on the official publication date, sometimes one day earlier and from time to time it takes nearly a week longer, ecpecially when they are some holidays in the way... ;-)

skinny

Post by skinny » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:16 am

Hi, my Issue 58 arrived with lots of the pages not cut correctly, to read the magazine at all I had to slice the pages apart. It's now a complete mess, can I request a replacement please?

Subs Manager

Post by Subs Manager » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:02 am

skinny wrote:Hi, my Issue 58 arrived with lots of the pages not cut correctly, to read the magazine at all I had to slice the pages apart. It's now a complete mess, can I request a replacement please?
Hi

If you can please email me at lucy.nash@imagine-publishing.co.uk with all your details and what has happened to the magazine I can look into it for you

Kind regards

Lucy
Carly Archer
Subscriptions
Imagine Publishing

Type2XS

Re: Subscriptions Queries

Post by Type2XS » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:11 pm

Hi there! I'm from Germany, too, and never had a problem for the last 18 or so issues. But I'm still missing issue nr. 61; where there perhaps any delays, Lucy? Thanks in advance :)

Frank Chickens

Post by Frank Chickens » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:09 pm

Lucy,

What time each day does the Ring & Ride or Sunshine Variety service drop off and pick up the members of staff in your department?
"A cynic is what an optimist calls a realist"

Subs Manager

Post by Subs Manager » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:13 am

Type2XS wrote:Hi there! I'm from Germany, too, and never had a problem for the last 18 or so issues. But I'm still missing issue nr. 61; where there perhaps any delays, Lucy? Thanks in advance :)
Helloo

It does appear that there has been a delay in Germany with subscribers receiving issue 61 - they went out on time from here but I have had a couple of queries last week - although they received their magazines over the weekend. If you still have not had it in a couple of days please email me directly at lucy.nash@imagine-publishing.co.uk and we can sort this out

Many thanks

Lucy
Carly Archer
Subscriptions
Imagine Publishing