Official Feedback Thread - Issue 60

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

finisterre

Post by finisterre » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:03 pm

Bit of an omission on the Frak! article...

How can they not mention the brilliant version of the Captain Pugwash theme that played if you tried loading a pirated copy of the game on the BBC Micro? :-)

Always struck me as genius that Orlando put this in, whilst hoping that people would never hear it!

Fred83

Post by Fred83 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:07 am

psj3809 wrote:The MSX is a superb machine, never had one before but with emulation i've downloaded tons of games, some excellent Konami games for it. Very underated machine, love the old skool games for it
Loved the machine too.Played some games from emulation as well.Metal gear on msx was brilliant.There was an unofficial english translated patch released on the net :wink:
Last edited by Fred83 on Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

TMR

Post by TMR » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:41 am

finisterre wrote:Always struck me as genius that Orlando put this in, whilst hoping that people would never hear it!
Nah, genius is coming up with that kind of detection system and then making a subtle little change to a later level so the game can't be completed... =-)

rolan

Post by rolan » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:04 pm

Brilliant issue! best in ages! Love the mario kart and r-type bits! Super punch out! Robotron (never played it but its the prequel to smash tv and the n64 robotron so it's awesome!) . Best issues in ages, and brilliant cover after lots of S*** covers that made me embarrassed to leave the mag lying around! (honestly ant attack? Level 9? wtf were they doing on the cover?)cant wait to read the rest of it!

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:36 am

Did chuckle when I saw World Cup Carnival in the list of notable US Gold games - So as you clearly rate it can we have a feature and put it on the cover?
:wink:
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

oldtimer

Post by oldtimer » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:19 am

Got mine yesterday,loved the MSX feature,ive got the Yamaha version with the piano keyboard add on.
Also liked the article about advertising and video games.
Keep up the good work guys.
ATARI....There can be only one !!!!!!!

crudux_cruo

Post by crudux_cruo » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:27 am

Nice issue, lots of great games featured in this one. System Shock 2 - oh yes!

Still can't figure out why my Retrobate profile appears on page 13 though...

CraigGrannell

Post by CraigGrannell » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:43 am

Bub&Bob wrote:So as you clearly rate it can we have a feature and put it on the cover?
I have it on good authority that issue 61 of Retro Gamer is a World Cup Carnival special*. Not only is it the cover game, but 58 of Retro Gamer's pages are taken up exploring the nuances of this classic game**.

* This is a big fib.
** So is this.
iPhone/iPod/iPad game/app reviews: http://www.iphonetiny.com

rolan

Post by rolan » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:24 am

yeah the msx feature was fantastic. Nice to have some of the mystery surrounding the machine dispelled. If I had infinite money I'd be buying one of the nice new ones they've brought out abroad

Fred83

Post by Fred83 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:58 pm

good to see Psychic Assassin Taromaru in the mag,more importantly,does anyone here own the game?

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:58 pm

Fred83 wrote:good to see Psychic Assassin Taromaru in the mag,more importantly,does anyone here own the game?
yes. although technically it belongs to a freelancer and he's never getting it back...

mikeb

Post by mikeb » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:27 pm

<<Thumps Darran around the noggin with a bokken-stick>>

rolan

Post by rolan » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:29 pm

lol, i kind of want it now but the whole having to get an imported or chipped machine added to the price of the actual game means its just another one of those post lottery win purchases.

Zetr0

Post by Zetr0 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:21 am

ARrrrrGGGGggghhhh NOT ROBOTRON!!!!!!!!! AGAIN!!!!!!!!

....seriously profesional help CAN help...

okay joking aside FANTASTIC ISSUE!!!

R-Type spread is Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love the arcade of that game... I have begged the wife Oh I will be getting a cabinet!!!!

(my daughter may have to move home at 13 instead of 18 to make space for it though....)

great work guys (and girls) involved with the issue :)

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:26 am

CraigGrannell wrote:
Bub&Bob wrote:So as you clearly rate it can we have a feature and put it on the cover?
I have it on good authority that issue 61 of Retro Gamer is a World Cup Carnival special*. Not only is it the cover game, but 58 of Retro Gamer's pages are taken up exploring the nuances of this classic game**.

* This is a big fib.
** So is this.
At last, a good reason to buy the mag then :wink: :wink:

Still got to have my regular moan about puttting the format against each screenshot!
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward