Issue 59 feedback

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

kelp7

Issue 59 feedback

Post by kelp7 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:57 am

Er, it's already arrived... today! nice one... the cover is absolutely awesome...

(sscott's picture...)
MZ-80A Secrets
http://mz-80a.com

kelp7

Post by kelp7 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:31 pm

i should say it's Battlezone... lovely vector stuff
MZ-80A Secrets

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:27 pm

Got mine today as well. I wet myself over the cover. One of the best so far. Just got to get some time to read the On The Sofa With.....John Ritman yet. But it looks bloody good!

Plus, Im in it TWICE!! Talk about an excellent christmas pressie! First, Gradius III & IV drops through my letterbox this morning, then RG and then Im in it twice! Thanks!! But they cut out eddie from my avatar in the mag. BOO! Still, top issue so far, lads!!!
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

kelp7

Post by kelp7 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:28 pm

JetSetWilly wrote:Got mine today as well. I wet myself over the cover. One of the best so far. Just got to get some time to read the On The Sofa With.....John Ritman yet. But it looks bloody good!

Plus, Im in it TWICE!! Talk about an excellent christmas pressie! First, Gradius III & IV drops through my letterbox this morning, then RG and then Im in it twice! Thanks!! But they cut out eddie from my avatar in the mag. BOO! Still, top issue so far, lads!!!
woohoo, i'm in it also :) lovely xmas present (was in it last issue too tho)... haven't quite finished reading the last issue yet so need to get a move on now :)
MZ-80A Secrets

rupert

Post by rupert » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:36 pm

Mine arrived aswell today, wasnt expecting it yet, seems not long since the last one :?:

I'm also in it :) nice cover, as usual looks to be an excellent all rounder, thanks RG team.

damoxuk

Post by damoxuk » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:11 pm

Yes also got it but not keen on the cover - but after Issue 58 nothing can compare :D

sscott

Post by sscott » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:46 pm

Got mine too, reading it now... :)
Here it is...

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:30 pm

Got mine too. The Isometric top 25 is bloody great! (although makes your eyes go funny) :lol:

Wing Commander - thats next on my 'to read list'......................

What a great Christmas prezzie though! RG on Christmas Eve :D

Cheers Darran and team - Happy Christmas :D :D
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

Gren

Post by Gren » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:34 am

Haven't been here in a while - so Merry Xmas everyone :D

Just reading thru' ish 59, really enjoying it as usual, when I saw something in Stu's "The forgotten ones" article that made me do a double-take - VF2 on megadrive!

I could have sworn that I picked up a PAL version of VF2 6 or 7 years ago when I went on a bit of a collecting spree, and the dollar signs started kerching-ing right in front of my eyes :lol:

I dug out my copy, wondering how much I'd paid for it, then decided I'd better check on Ebay to see if it was indeed rare, or maybe Mr. Campbell was referring to a different version of the game(!) I found 3 copies of the PAL MD version for approx £5- each on the 1st search results page, and I'm now officially confused!

What's going on?!
Fresh Spoo?

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:54 am

Great to get it on Xmas eve, lots of great stuff this month. Love the Baldurs Gate pages, brings bak some great memories

necronom

Post by necronom » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:11 am

I got two pages of it with my game profile! Thanks Darran :D

Looking forward to the making of Myst. I loved that game. The books were brilliant, too.

I hope everyone involved with the mag and the forum members all had a great day.
The Retro Gaming League _ -= My YouTube Videos =-
The eighties aren't over. I'll say when the eighties are over. The eighties are never over! You don't just turn off the eighties! - Jack Howitzer, GTA V

VinnyM

Post by VinnyM » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:18 am

Can't believed it arrived on Christmas eve! What a great start to Christmas :)
Fancy viewing some Commodore 64 game endings? http://www.c64endings.co.uk
Old C64 games refreshed and revived: http://www.c64endings.freeolamail.com/h ... yhacks.htm

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:25 pm

I've already mentioned this in the other thread, but whilst it's a mainly great issue, Final Fight 3 WAS released in Europe, albiet in very limited supply (as was also Final Fight 2). It was distributed by Laguna Games and sometimes crops up on Ebay, where it usually sells for £40+ Seems that a few games believed to be unreleased were actually distributed by Laguna....I don't know what's become of them now, I only have one PAL release of theirs, Super Pang Collection on PSOne, and that was also in short supply.

Seriously guys, Google is your friend....;)

I do actually remember seeing it on sale in Beatties years ago though, I just didn't have the cash at the time :( Mind you, I have still got that PAL Street Fighter Alpha 2 on SNES that Retro Gamer said hadn't been released in Europe either ;)
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:22 pm

psj3809 wrote:Great to get it on Xmas eve, lots of great stuff this month. Love the Baldurs Gate pages, brings bak some great memories
Yeah , great to see BG - but 2 pages for the best series of PC games ever? - and most of that is pictures rather than words. The same thing happened with Planescape Torment , the best RPG ever
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

Rev. Stuart Campbell

Post by Rev. Stuart Campbell » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:31 am

paranoid marvin wrote:
psj3809 wrote:Great to get it on Xmas eve, lots of great stuff this month. Love the Baldurs Gate pages, brings bak some great memories
Yeah , great to see BG - but 2 pages for the best series of PC games ever? - and most of that is pictures rather than words. The same thing happened with Planescape Torment , the best RPG ever
It's one page for each person who cares about them.