no issue 58 yet!

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

andrew_rollings

Post by andrew_rollings » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:29 pm

Not got my subs copy in the USA yet...

But I couldn't resist picking one up at Gatwick airport on my way through the other day ;)

Andrew

DrUnosson

Post by DrUnosson » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:26 am

Got my feedback from subscription today, I am NOT happy with the new policy. It's a sloppy and stupid policy which means RG doesn't have to take any responsibility at all.

"Unfortunately due to a new policy put in place we are no longer have the
ability to replace or resend missing issues, therefore your account has
been extended by 1 issue."

I don't want an extended subscription, I want that particular issue.
Why should I and my fellow subscribers be punished because Retrogamer and the post office can't handle it's subscriptions?

I'm really disappointed with RG to say the least...

I don't want to give my money to the unfriendly RG subscription team.
Any friendly souls out there that have a copy of #58 to spare/sell?

Jeremiah Jones

Post by Jeremiah Jones » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:51 pm

I'm not even sure any of the shops here in the States have received their copies of 58 yet. Both of my local Barnes & Noble locations say they're now over two weeks late of getting it. Very unusual for the years I've been buying it there. Looks like a spectacular issue to miss out on. Might have to grab this one from the eshop before it goes out of stock.

happyOX

Post by happyOX » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:39 am

No RG for me today

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:51 am

happyOX wrote:No RG for me today
Just a guess but is that because you don't buy it / not even heard of it you spammy b*stard?
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

Jeremiah Jones

Post by Jeremiah Jones » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:20 pm

Must have been a great issue. The Imagine site seems to have sold out of it faster than normal.

PubZombie

Post by PubZombie » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:16 pm

DrUnosson wrote:Got my feedback from subscription today, I am NOT happy with the new policy. It's a sloppy and stupid policy which means RG doesn't have to take any responsibility at all.

"Unfortunately due to a new policy put in place we are no longer have the
ability to replace or resend missing issues, therefore your account has
been extended by 1 issue."

I don't want an extended subscription, I want that particular issue.
Why should I and my fellow subscribers be punished because Retrogamer and the post office can't handle it's subscriptions?

mmmm. I think magazines should be looking after their subscribers. especially in the current climate. Us subscribers actually generate the most profit for magazines, as they dont have to payout to distributors. its pretty lame i think. perhaps i will not renew, i live close enough to a whs smith anyhow.
The Truth is but a Construct; empowering creator and subjugating consumer... "War is the continuation of 'politik' with the admixture of other means."

binatone; spectrum 48k; vic20; C64; Amiga; Sega MS; N64; GP2X, OpenPandora, IPad 3.

fulgenzio

Post by fulgenzio » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:08 am

Can you print MORE copies of RG?

This page is absurd
http://www.imagineshop.co.uk/products_s ... ?typeID=65

CraigGrannell

Post by CraigGrannell » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:01 am

Short-run reprints of niche magazines would be hideously expensive. You'd likely be talking £20 per issue, rather than £5. Best bet for anyone missing issues: eBay.
Last edited by CraigGrannell on Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
iPhone/iPod/iPad game/app reviews: http://www.iphonetiny.com

fulgenzio

Post by fulgenzio » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:58 pm

CraigGrannell wrote:Short-run reprints of niche magazines would be hideously expensive. You'd likely be talking £20 per issue, rather than £5. Best bet for anyone missing issues: eBay..
Lol, if i buy a past issue copy from Ebay, i always spend much more than 20£!

You have to print more copies BEFORE the release.

Mulletino

Post by Mulletino » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:15 pm

DrUnosson wrote: I don't want an extended subscription, I want that particular issue.

I think we're only up to issue 57 in the shops here (Australia) that was the last one I saw in a shop the other day (I subscribe). So you could always ask a nice friendly overseas chappy (or chappess) to send you over a copy?

:)

Subs Manager

Post by Subs Manager » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:47 am

I just wanted to say Hi and clarify a couple of things posted about the subscriptions policy here at Imagine Publishing. My name is Lucy and I'm the Subscriptions Manager here at Imagine towers.

We do have a policy of extending contracts when issues are missed as a general rule HOWEVER you can say no thanks and can I have a replacement instead - I understand with Retro in particular that people collect all the issues and do not like missing one.

We try to offer a good level of service to all our subscribers and I'm always at the end of an email/phone call if you want to complain/praise/query anything about your subscription.

Lucy
Carly Archer
Subscriptions
Imagine Publishing

e: carly.archer@imagine-publishing.co.uk

Jeremiah Jones

Post by Jeremiah Jones » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:52 pm

I suspect that a lot of stores in other countries chose not to carry issue 58 since the cover was holiday themed, and taking the shipping time into account, they wouldn't have received them before the end of the holidays.

The Master

Post by The Master » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:49 pm

Subs Manager wrote:My name is Lucy and I'm the Subscriptions Manager here at Imagine towers.
PICS PLZ :D
gleeple doople zwak-zwak snafn olg mmnnnnip

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:52 pm

The Master wrote:
Subs Manager wrote:My name is Lucy and I'm the Subscriptions Manager here at Imagine towers.
PICS PLZ :D

Now THAT is something i agree with, Master :lol:
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!