Retro Shamer Candidate

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:25 pm

Rick Dangerous.
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:57 pm

Uridium wrote:BMX Racers by Mastertronic on the C64.

Oh how I laughed at the graphics, oh how I laughed at the "sound", oh how I laughed about the non-existent gameplay. And then oh how I cried when I realised I could have bought about 20 packets of flavoured Toffos for £1.99 instead (mmmm banana flavourrrrrrr)!!!!
Oh PLEASE don't censored an A8 game off! Caramel Keg will be here like a hound dog sniffing out Anti A8 members - ready to pounce with a 8000 word essay on why said game was better than a blow job! :shock: :lol:
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

merman

Post by merman » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:21 am

Looks like you quoted the wrong person, marko!

Mind you. Bionic Granny. BMX Racers. Are we spotting the connection yet?
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:00 am

GarryG wrote:Rampage on the ATARI 8Bit, I still regret paying full (Disk) price for this load of old, thrown together in 2.5 minutes compleat and utter, tosh!!! :cry:

The movement is jerky, the PMs are awfull, the sound is a afterthought, the PMs are awfull, the colision detection is rubbish, the PMs are awfull, the background graphics are blocky and it looks like very little efort has bene made in the game, oh and have I mentioned the the PM graphics are awfull?
Ooooooooooops :oops: ignore my mis-quote above...................

Lets try that again!

Oh PLEASE don't censored an A8 game off! Caramel Keg will be here like a hound dog sniffing out Anti A8 members - ready to pounce with a 8000 word essay on why said game was better than a blow job! :roll: :lol:
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

Uridium

Post by Uridium » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:01 am

merman wrote:Looks like you quoted the wrong person, marko!

Mind you. Bionic Granny. BMX Racers. Are we spotting the connection yet?
Yeah, but then along came Chiller ;-)

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:38 pm

psj3809 wrote:Another one is

Jack and the Beanstalk by Thor

http://www.worldofspectrum.org/infoseek ... id=0002562

Terrible game. Just have a go (click on the java box in the link), the collision detection is so bad. I somehow made it to screen 2 once and that was just as bad.

Shocking to think they cant have had any testers playing this game as its just dire.
Actually I'd accept that one being featured if my choice loses (again), good suggestion. It's a truly diabolical game. Over on the World Of Spectrum forums, we affectionately refer to it as 'Crap and the Beanstalk' and are actually pleased that it's unavailable for download because it's censored!
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

rolan

Post by rolan » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:04 pm

fatman on the megadrive... which i have only keep because of the unintentionally amusing opening sequence.... otherwise it was unplayable dross of some sort of attempt at a one on one fighter that i turned off after about 35 seconds....

cool world on the snes is like a game set in a world run by the surrealist mind of salvador dali (in a bad way)...

Nightbreed

Post by Nightbreed » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Get Ghostbusters 2 on ALL formats Retroshamed. I payed £10 for the C64 version and regret it to this very day. 3 mini games and none were really any good. PLEASE, PLEASE, get this pile of dung retroshamed.
Bring back Thingy and Rockford!!! Zzap 64 liberation front!!! :):):)

rolan

Post by rolan » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:09 pm

Nightbreed wrote:Get Ghostbusters 2 on ALL formats Retroshamed. I payed £10 for the C64 version and regret it to this very day. 3 mini games and none were really any good. PLEASE, PLEASE, get this pile of dung retroshamed.
The hudson soft nes game called "NEW ghostbusters 2" was actually fairly good.... as was the gameboy version... but yeah the first game that was called ghostbusters 2 on the nes was gash...