Welcome to the new website!

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Quaid

Post by Quaid » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:32 pm

Sureshot wrote:Will any of our requests still be considered? There's still no 'Action' category, for example.
I'm not sure I like an "action" category as it's just too broad

Any other suggestions?
"There was a time that was all the money in the world to me, now it's a day's pay...

bolda

Post by bolda » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:25 pm

Just bumping an earlier request someone made (Necronom?)... once you have uploaded a screenshot, there doesn't seem to be anyway to replace it with another image. I guess this is to stop people replacing images after they have been approved with something less appropriate. It would be handy if it was possible to submit a replacement image for approval - the only way to do this at the moment seems to be delete the entire review and re-submit it, losing all votes/comments in the process.
GAME OVER YEEEAAAHHH!
ImageImageImage

necronom

Post by necronom » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:34 pm

Not sure if I was the only one, but I mentioned it a while back.

If they are worried about replacing photos, then just warn people that anything obviously inappropriate will cause deletion of the profile, and a banning of the user from the site.

I'm sure the readers will let them know if they spot something, or maybe the admin should get a "Picture change" notification, so he can check it out without having to approve (which might hold things up if you made a mistake and wanted to quickly correct it).

Team Alfie

Post by Team Alfie » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:05 pm

I'd love the opportunity to change many of the pictures I've uploaded now my screengrabbing skills have improved to somewhere near adequate. My one for S.O.S is particularly blurry and horrid.

As for other genres, I think FPSes deserve to have their own separate listing, as well as party games and flight sims. Party/rhythm action games might be considered a bit too modern but Samba De Amigo is in this month's RG!

JD!

Post by JD! » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:49 am

I'd really appreciate it if the automatic log out was removed. I hate looking at the site, going to read and e-mail, coming back and then finding I have to log in again. :x

MikeHaggar

Re:

Post by MikeHaggar » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:22 pm

JD! wrote:I'd really appreciate it if the automatic log out was removed. I hate looking at the site, going to read and e-mail, coming back and then finding I have to log in again. :x
Check the 'Log me on automatically each visit' box?

NintendoLegend

Re: Welcome to the new website!

Post by NintendoLegend » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:22 pm

Sweet-lookin' site! I hope to hang out at times to discuss some good ol' NES...
Nintendo Legend -- one retro gamer's quest to play and review every NTSC-region NES game!

My favorite retro-gaming shirt -- "Pipe Dreams"

Pssst: Use promo code “NLegend” at J2Games.com for 20% off! New titles, classic carts, whatever!

ewjim

Post by ewjim » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:19 pm

that super mario 3d land banner that appears smack in the centre of my screen.... get it off..... ARRGH! i cant see a close button for it without having to click the 'show me more' icon. I apologise if there is a way and ive missed it.
FEEL FREE TO ADD ME ON XBOX LIVE

retrosportsgmr

Post by retrosportsgmr » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:36 pm

I submitted a couple of articles two weeks ago and I've noticed the site hasn't been updated with any retrobate stuff in a while. Are these normally updated monthly?
http://www.retrosportsgamer.com
Twitter: @retrosportsgmr

ewjim

Post by ewjim » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:04 am

it takes a while mate, probably due to the amount that has to be verified( reviews etc ). I had about 12 reviews waiting for a while but they do get up there. speaking of reviews.... i was on the retro VS section killing time and came across my review of teleroboxer.....

although it said the review was by none other than STUART HUNT! thieves!!! thieves I tell you haha. I clicked on the review for it and it popped up with my profile and review for it. Curse the magazine folks for stealing my content!!!!
FEEL FREE TO ADD ME ON XBOX LIVE