OFFICIAL ISSUE 53 FEEDBACK THREAD

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Tellah

Post by Tellah » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:09 am

It's a shame people asked for articles to be 2 issues max. I'm not sure what benefit imposing this limit gives. If the content merits it (and it's split naturally), then take as many issues as you like. In this case, star wars could probably have stuck to one issue and Konami, 4.
At the same time, the fact you looked back at Konami is utterly brilliant and it's a good read.

retrogamer48k

Post by retrogamer48k » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:21 pm

i got the latest issue and it was very enjoyable i like the bit with boulderdash and highly recomened

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:17 pm

Great issues, good looking cover, some great content, but 10 pages on Boulder Dash? OMG!!! That's a bit much. The game's OK at best.

As for the retro inspection on the PC-FX - excellent choice. I've learnt something about a system I knew nothing about.

However, where's the retro inspection on the C16? :wink:
(I know ...... I'll keep reminding you till we see it in the mag)

Antares

Post by Antares » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:34 am

I liked this months collectors corner most :D

Oh, and it's Thomas Hoeger not Hoegar!

CraigGrannell

Post by CraigGrannell » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:41 am

woody.cool wrote:10 pages on Boulder Dash? OMG!!! That's a bit much. The game's OK at best.
BANNED!
However, where's the retro inspection on the C16?
We're hiding it until you recant your opinion on Boulder Dash.
iPhone/iPod/iPad game/app reviews: http://www.iphonetiny.com

Skarnz

Post by Skarnz » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:02 am

finaly a insight into one of my fave developers KONAMI cant wait to find myself a copy

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:22 pm

CraigGrannell wrote:
woody.cool wrote:10 pages on Boulder Dash? OMG!!! That's a bit much. The game's OK at best.
BANNED!
However, where's the retro inspection on the C16?
We're hiding it until you recant your opinion on Boulder Dash.
Well then ..... let's open negotiations. If I take back my comment on Boulder Dash, will you do a retro inspection on the C16?

Havantgottaclue

Post by Havantgottaclue » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:27 pm

I'd love to see a feature on the Plus/4 and unlike some people I haven't been rude about Boulderdash! :P

Covering the Plus/4 might also give you a chance to publish a screenshot or two of the up and coming XeO3 for Plus/4 (with other formats to follow apparently). http://xeo3.splinder.com/ is the website for anyone who's interested in work done so far - there's a nice playable demo, too. Have you tried it out yet, WC?

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:52 pm

Havantgottaclue wrote:I'd love to see a feature on the Plus/4 and unlike some people I haven't been rude about Boulderdash! :P

Covering the Plus/4 might also give you a chance to publish a screenshot or two of the up and coming XeO3 for Plus/4 (with other formats to follow apparently). http://xeo3.splinder.com/ is the website for anyone who's interested in work done so far - there's a nice playable demo, too. Have you tried it out yet, WC?
NICE :D

I like that.

GarryG

Post by GarryG » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:49 pm

It's got 'Raid on Fort Knox' for the VC20 in it
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

... well sort off ;)

P.s. I liked the Bolderdash stuff

BennyTheGreek

Post by BennyTheGreek » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:31 am

Issue 53 Feedback

Its very good

vic26

Post by vic26 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:15 pm

Im an irregular poster to the forum but I've read RG since issue 3 and pop on here from time to time.

Firstly can the guy in the letters page who only wants 8bit titles STFU, if he cancels can I have the remainder of his subscription please?

Secondly has someone been watching the Angry Video Game Nerd Lately? Back to the Future and Superman 64 slated in the same issue!

I'll give you a clue his latest video is about Batman - will that feature in issue 54?! :)

I'd still like to see more classic PC games featured - Sierra Adventure games, maybe an article on PC Flight Sims (A genre that doesnt seem to exist anymore,along with adventure games), and maybe an article on modems and using BBS's - I was a big BBS and Fidonet user back in the day although maybe thats moving away from the 'gamer' part of retro gamer?

I've still got the first 3 years of PC Format tucked away on the shelf should you guys need any ideas :)

kelp7

Post by kelp7 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:26 pm

vic26 wrote: I've still got the first 3 years of PC Format tucked away on the shelf should you guys need any ideas :)
started this a long time back:

http://pcplus.atspace.com/

dunno if i'll finish it tho
MZ-80A Secrets
http://mz-80a.com

vic26

Post by vic26 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:44 pm

That site is just before my time - I remember the masthead they used though- I was just about the age and getting into PC in 1991/2 - I still have all the old PC Plus 3.5in Floppies from that era as well as the Super CD's with programs like the complete 'Lotus Smartsuite' on them!

In fact I remember having Sidekick form a cover disk - I think the last Coverdisk on your site could well be the first PC plus I bought!!

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:59 am

Great edition, the best for a while I read it cover to cover.

I too enjoyed the feature on Boulderdash, having only played one of the games on the 464 I hadn't realised that there were that many incarnatations of the game.

A really interesting feature on Border Down too, I wonder if the team asked GREV about their future shooter plans?