Welcome one and all

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Keith S

Post by Keith S » Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:31 pm

Very much looking forward to this (Got every issue so far) :) .

My personal experience and interest is in the computers of the '80-'84 period (ZX81, VIC20, Jupiter Ace, Oric-1, Texas TI99-4A, Speccy, Dragon 32, C64 and Amstrad CPC464).

Also consoles, starting from the '70s (Grandstand Pong/Tennis), and Atari VCS. Then Colecovision/Intellivison/Vectrex, followed by a huge gap until I discovered Nintendo 64, then Gamecube and Xbox, and finally (hopefully) Xbox360 tomorrow :) .

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:07 pm

Hello everyone!

My bookmarks are full of retro gaming forums........ seem to spend most of my time reading all of them and trying to post once or twice :?

....... and its always at some stupid hour in the morning!! :shock:

Anyway - nice to have RG back - looking forward to the 8th :D

retro mania

Post by retro mania » Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:43 am

Hi all great to see rg back.

strontiumdonut

Post by strontiumdonut » Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:07 pm

hi to all
been reading the mag for a year or so now.

i'd forgot so much about my era (dragon/spectrum) and its good to have a friend remind you of the choice moments.

i remember forcing my mum to buy me hunchback for my dragon 32 and my +2 was permanently hammered with match day.

does anyone remember a dragon game called quest? that ate up my time as an 8 or so year old like pamela anderson did to me a few years later on!

Darran@Retro Gamer

Re:

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:53 pm

strontiumdonut wrote:hi to all
been reading the mag for a year or so now.

i'd forgot so much about my era (dragon/spectrum) and its good to have a friend remind you of the choice moments.

i remember forcing my mum to buy me hunchback for my dragon 32 and my +2 was permanently hammered with match day.

does anyone remember a dragon game called quest? that ate up my time as an 8 or so year old like pamela anderson did to me a few years later on!
Funnily enough, I got in touch with a freelancer at the retro ball who knows the dragon inside out. Expect a feature soon...

andy vaisey

Re:

Post by andy vaisey » Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:36 pm

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:Funnily enough, I got in touch with a freelancer at the retro ball who knows the dragon inside out. Expect a feature soon...
Good! Old RG always promised one but it never seemed to materialise. Would it be possible to interview a certain Andrew Braybrook, since that was the machine he programmed with before moving onto the C64?

LeeT

Re:

Post by LeeT » Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:06 pm

Would it be possible to interview a certain Andrew Braybrook, since that was the machine he programmed with before moving onto the C64?
I'm sure I read somewhere that he won't talk about him games programming, as he had some problem with a stalker or something... :?

andy vaisey

Re:

Post by andy vaisey » Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:09 pm

LeeT wrote:
Would it be possible to interview a certain Andrew Braybrook, since that was the machine he programmed with before moving onto the C64?
I'm sure I read somewhere that he won't talk about him games programming, as he had some problem with a stalker or something... :?
Maybe done via Steve Turner then. And RG is a reputable magazine... :?:

LeeT

Re:

Post by LeeT » Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:21 pm

andy vaisey wrote:
LeeT wrote:
Maybe done via Steve Turner then. And RG is a reputable magazine... :?:
Didn't RG publish an interview with Steve Turner? Or maybe my mind is playing tricks again...

andy vaisey

Post by andy vaisey » Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:24 pm

I think they did interview ST when they did a Graftgold feature, but I mean contact AB through ST, asap... :wink:

LeeT

Re:

Post by LeeT » Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:58 pm

andy vaisey wrote:I think they did interview ST when they did a Graftgold feature, but I mean contact AB through ST, asap... :wink:
I've just had a flashback of that photo of AB in ZZAP! where he is dressed as a rabbit with a pint in his hand! I must got to bed... :shock:

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:13 pm

I was in touch with Stever Turner a few weeks back and both he and Andrew are more than happy to talk about their back catalogue.

andy vaisey

Re:

Post by andy vaisey » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:48 pm

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I was in touch with Stever Turner a few weeks back and both he and Andrew are more than happy to talk about their back catalogue.
w00t! 8)

Turrican

Post by Turrican » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:08 pm

Nice refurb... ;)

Good to see the words retro and gamer back together again and rollin out on the shelves as well as a shiny new forum... good to be home.

I'm also posting this because I just wanna see my name in every section when I go back to the index as I'm the only one on at this time ;) :P
It's like an old pair of slippers, isn't it?

Cthulhu Steev

Post by Cthulhu Steev » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:29 am

Well, that cover looks sweet and the feedback is good so i'vepaid for a 6 issue subscription. I'm going to try and pick up the new issue from the shops today because i'm too impatient to wait and i'm not sure my sub will start with issue 1 [or 20!]

To the Retro Gamer team:

Good luck, loves!