Welcome one and all

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Bleugh

I like sticky welcomes ;-)

Post by Bleugh » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:21 am

.........sometimes anyway :P

otherwise, normal, non-sticky welcomes are better, they wash off easier!

savva0122

Post by savva0122 » Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:06 pm

Hi guys,

Just found the thread after returning from my holiday and (only at this stage) skimming RG. It was like being reunited with a long lost relative!

Hope to be able to contribute in my own small way

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:41 pm

Thank god (aka Jon Ritman) that you are back!
I am a slow reader and have only just finished ish 18 and the anthologies so your timing is perfection!

Gren

Post by Gren » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:35 pm

Hello!

Just though I'd post, and say that ish 19 has exceeded my (enormous) expectations :D

And I'm only 2/3rds the way through the mag. And I'm still reading the RetroSurvival CD.

Happy, happy retro times :wink:

Oh, and HI to the RS and RP peeps I've met over the last couple of months :D
Fresh Spoo?

EnglishRob

Post by EnglishRob » Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:20 am

It's great to see the magazine back.

I've held off buying it just yet. I've decied to ask for a copy of Retro Gamer 19 as a christmas pressie. Will give me something to read when the kids are playing with their toys.

I saw RetroGamer in WH Smiths last week, it was hard not to buy it there and then.

From what I did see of the magazine (the cover) it looks good. Nice to see there is a bit of the feel of the old mag, but with new bits too. Subscription price is good too, I'd be more likely to subscribe since there are 6 month subscriptions avaliable.

Rob

Killerbee

Post by Killerbee » Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:49 am

Well done for the re-launch, Looks much better. The quality is a massive improvment. Carry on the good work

HalcyonDaze

Post by HalcyonDaze » Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:48 pm

I was gutted when Retro Gamer was stopped, but the "new" mag is excellent. Really pleased with both the 1st and 2nd issues that I have received through the post. If the 3rd issue is just as good ( no reason why it shouldn't be ) I will definitely be subscribing again.

Keep up the good work, and it's great to have you back.

eggman1973

Post by eggman1973 » Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:57 pm

Wow, I just have to say.. this is the magazine I have been looking for!

I had noticed RG months ago, but stupidly not bought it. That changed today, I think a subscription will be taken out. Fantastic.

GarryG

Post by GarryG » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:43 am

First I like to congratulate you for keeping the “Retro Gamerâ€

kaiserpc

Post by kaiserpc » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:00 am

disagree about the zzap faces - brings back the memories of zzap

in fact I've just remembered one of the funniest things I'd seen in zzap. The time a reader sent in a map for International basketball :lol:

forestville

Post by forestville » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:10 pm

Retro Gamer is a real cool 8) magazine, The first issue I purchased was issue six, with "Beneath A Steel Sky" on the coverdisc, which run through the scumm software, and i've had RG every issue since.

The relunched RG (issue 19 onwards) I like the fresh new look and all the features on 8bit and 16bit hardware and games.

and who has seen the special edition magazine "Retro micro games action, volume 1" the front cover look very much like "crash" and it features the history of gaming, and loads of screen shots.

A good feature for Retro Gamer would be a feature on the ZX Spectrum computers in a future RG.

8)
Press play on tape

paranoid marvin

Re:

Post by paranoid marvin » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:08 pm

and who has seen the special edition magazine "Retro micro games action, volume 1" the front cover look very much like "crash" and it features the history of gaming, and loads of screen shots.

Hi,is this a new publication ? If so,where did you see it?
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

merman

Re:

Post by merman » Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:46 am

paranoid marvin wrote:and who has seen the special edition magazine "Retro micro games action, volume 1" the front cover look very much like "crash" and it features the history of gaming, and loads of screen shots.

Hi,is this a new publication ? If so,where did you see it?
It's an anthology of Retro articles from gamesTM, and well worth a look.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:54 am

I've still sometimes seen some of the Games TM compilations for sale. To me this was the best compilation out there specially for gamers.

Its a must buy for sure !!! If not try ebay, doubt it'll be crazy prices out there.

SirClive

Re:

Post by SirClive » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:56 am

psj3809 wrote:I've still sometimes seen some of the Games TM compilations for sale. To me this was the best compilation out there specially for gamers.

Its a must buy for sure !!! If not try ebay, doubt it'll be crazy prices out there.
Its been mentioned elsewhere, but WHSmiths are selling off their stock of the Retro anthology for half price at the moment, so you should still be able to pick it up. Fantastic read it is too!