Tracking lateness

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Weblaus

Re: Tracking lateness

Post by Weblaus » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:24 am

RetroBob wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:31 pm
Future cannot pretend this is a Covid issue. People have been flagging this long before the last 12 months.
Actually delivery to mainland Europe has been terrible pretty much ever since Retro Gamer moved over to Future, long before they paused delivery and after that break, it has more or less resumed "normal" (as in "at least 3-4 weeks in most cases") quality...

I can see them losing money on print issues für international subscribers, because thanks to all the discout campaigns they did, it was quite likely to end up with an absurdly cheap subscription - I believe on my current one I'm paying less than 4 Euro per issue. I'd happily give them double that for a better service, but of course they don't care.

Boulder

Post by Boulder » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:54 am

I took the Black Friday offer but I'm not very confident that everything goes the way I want them to. I have an existing subscription and I wanted to get the cheap quarterly continuous sub to start when it ends. It look 4-5 ping pong emails with their service desk and they said that they have put things like that. Too bad I cannot actually see if the subs are chained. It was impossible to get the offer through my existing sub, you may remember how renewal was possible from there in the old service so you could actually chain offers so that the new one would start a year from now.

Interesting times are these. Nevertheless, I feel that the delivery has returned to the normal pre-COVID level to Finland, it takes about 2-3 weeks after the magazine is out.

SltPeants

Post by SltPeants » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:59 am

Plot twist. I go to get my mail out of my mailbox today, and all of a sudden I see three issues, after nothing since October! Great, they are finally catching up to their backlog. I take them out to see....THREE copies of issue 214. No 211-213, 215, 216, any of those. What the heck is going on there??? I’ve given up on actually receiving any of the back issues at this point if they can’t send the right amount of copies out or the right issue numbers.

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:46 pm

SltPeants wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:59 am
Plot twist. I go to get my mail out of my mailbox today, and all of a sudden I see three issues, after nothing since October! Great, they are finally catching up to their backlog. I take them out to see....THREE copies of issue 214. No 211-213, 215, 216, any of those. What the heck is going on there??? I’ve given up on actually receiving any of the back issues at this point if they can’t send the right amount of copies out or the right issue numbers.
This is kind of funny, but kind of not...Hopefully an admin can bring this to the company attention for comment here, Please? Because it seems that the helpline and service departments have completely lost the plot as these stories are becoming more and more commonplace. Not only missing orders in transit, but things like this, and more than one person like myself being told they hadn't paid for something when they had but lost all information about it and it was up to buyer beware to prove it (luckily with paypal easily done so).

SltPeants

Post by SltPeants » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:22 pm

Yeah, I pretty much feel like I’m being trolled or something at this point. I know they’ve gotten incompetent since Covid started early last year, but I’ve never received multiple copies of the same issue or anything, on the same day no less, which means they were all sent out together and someone somehow didn’t notice. I guess I just hope at this point I get any remaining issues until my sub runs out, and then go to eBay for the future issues. I’ve given up on anyone at the company to fix anything. I’ve emailed at least 20 times and have gotten a response maybe twice.

Weblaus

Post by Weblaus » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:01 am

kiwimike wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:46 pm
Hopefully an admin can bring this to the company attention for comment here, Please?
This won't happen.

I think the last time anyone employed at RG/Future blessed us with their presence here, it was made quite clear that nobody including editorial staff cares about the forum at all anymore, and the same seems to be true of the Faecbook page since any questions there get completely ignored as well.

Supposedly they're focusing on Twitter for any kind of support, which is working out as well and helpful as you'd imagine it to be when the best effort you're getting there is a post like this showing up every once in a while:

"Have you contacted help@magazinesdirect.com the editorial team don't has access to subs information"

Mauricio

Post by Mauricio » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:17 pm

Some mixed news from the US... today I received both #214 and #216, with subscriber covers, and in separate mailers (bags). I have not received #213 or #215, so it is strange to get this pair of issues now. Updated tally:

#206 - Nov 6
#207 - Oct 31
#208 - Oct 7 (standard cover)
#209 - Oct 7
#210 - Nov 2
#211 - Dec 22
#212 - Dec 24
#213 - not yet
#214 - Feb 17
#215 - not yet
#216 - Feb 17

SltPeants

Post by SltPeants » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:27 pm

I also received 216 today, along with those 3 copies of 214 the other day. Still waiting on 211-213, and 215. I have very slight hope now, instead of none at all. I still don't think they ever originally went out. I requested replacements for 211-214 on the website, 213 was out of stock. These might be the replacements, who knows

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:35 pm

kiwimike wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:46 pm
SltPeants wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:59 am
This is kind of funny, but kind of not...Hopefully an admin can bring this to the company attention for comment here, Please? Because it seems that the helpline and service departments have completely lost the plot as these stories are becoming more and more commonplace. Not only missing orders in transit, but things like this, and more than one person like myself being told they hadn't paid for something when they had but lost all information about it and it was up to buyer beware to prove it (luckily with paypal easily done so).
I’ve given up hope of anything positive coming from future about this situation. Their silence tells me everything I need to know

flugle

Post by flugle » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:57 pm

Well my 214 arrived in Australia today, better late than never I guess. I also received another 211, I assume that it was from a missing issue request that I placed.
So now waiting on 215 and 216

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:35 am

flatapex wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:35 pm
I’ve given up hope of anything positive coming from future about this situation. Their silence tells me everything I need to know
Unfortunately I agree; after my run in, I'm pretty much done ordering. They're flat out useless, and have no intention or interest in fixing their problems. I have had more offers emailed to me in the last week than I've ever had....they can stick it. I've just deleted them without bothering to look.

What I want to know, is that they are making a genuine effort to fix their numerous issues...at this stage the whole thing seems to be run in a headless chicken kind of fashion. And what I need to know is you can order in confidence, knowing the right product will be sent in a fair and reasonable amount of time. I certainly do not want to be chasing orders up three months down the track to be told it wasn't sent as they never received payment when they did.

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:28 pm

kiwimike wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:35 am
flatapex wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:35 pm
Unfortunately I agree; after my run in, I'm pretty much done ordering. They're flat out useless, and have no intention or interest in fixing their problems. I have had more offers emailed to me in the last week than I've ever had....they can stick it. I've just deleted them without bothering to look.

What I want to know, is that they are making a genuine effort to fix their numerous issues...at this stage the whole thing seems to be run in a headless chicken kind of fashion. And what I need to know is you can order in confidence, knowing the right product will be sent in a fair and reasonable amount of time. I certainly do not want to be chasing orders up three months down the track to be told it wasn't sent as they never received payment when they did.
As someone that worked in customer service for 20 years, I hope there is someone that wants to deal with it and sort out the problems. Without someone like that, nothing will change.

Their (future/my magazines) social media accounts don’t respond, problems are either not responded to quickly or at all and distribution into stores, well that’s a whole other debate. The only helpful people have been the mag editorial team. As brown nosing as it sounds, if the mag wasn’t the quality it was, we wouldn’t all still be reading.

I’ve considered cancelling my sub, the mags are sent in the worst envelopes possible and it doesn’t protect them from damage. Getting the mag in stores is so difficult, hence subscribing in the first place, at this point it just doesn’t seem that customers are being listened to. I hope to be proven wrong but I won’t hold my breath.

brjoce

Post by brjoce » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:46 am

Mauricio wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:17 pm
Some mixed news from the US... today I received both #214 and #216, with subscriber covers, and in separate mailers (bags). I have not received #213 or #215, so it is strange to get this pair of issues now. Updated tally:

#206 - Nov 6
#207 - Oct 31
#208 - Oct 7 (standard cover)
#209 - Oct 7
#210 - Nov 2
#211 - Dec 22
#212 - Dec 24
#213 - not yet
#214 - Feb 17
#215 - not yet
#216 - Feb 17
Mauricio - you are getting so lucky relative to some of us US subscribers. I haven't received an issue since Dec 1 (issue 211). I keep hoping that something will come through. You're in ATL, so you're only a few hundred miles from me, we probably share a USPS distribution center, so I can't figure out what is going on. Keep posting, because at least it let's me know what's making its way to the southeastern US.

brjoce

Post by brjoce » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:22 pm

So here's an update from MS, USA. Received my first issue since Dec. 1st. Issue 216 arrived today.

Mauricio

Post by Mauricio » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:48 pm

#215 arrived here in Atlanta today. Neo Geo cover story, with the subscriber cover.