Subscriber Covers

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

antsbull

Re: Subscriber Covers

Post by antsbull » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:26 pm

If you're wanting to run votes to control what happens with the magazine then its probably worth considering whether you actually are interested in it anymore. Any major decisions would surely be based on what was happening with sales figures and subscriber numbers, not what a handful people on the forums want.

I see this a lot with my other collecting interests online - the most vocal people are usually not at all representative of the majority, they are just the loudest.

Sega_MegaDive

Post by Sega_MegaDive » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:08 pm

Its the same in politics

thegamesnotoveryet

Post by thegamesnotoveryet » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:54 pm

Does anyone from the RG staff know if Mark is still around handling customer service issues? I messaged him earlier this week, and no reply, so I was wondering if he may be on holiday, or is the subscription representation in these forums gone again?

Solegor

Post by Solegor » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:01 am

Yep. Messaged him some weeks ago. He is 'last seen' in the beginning of Aug. Hope it's vacation and not that he was fired for caring too much :?

thegamesnotoveryet

Post by thegamesnotoveryet » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:48 am

Solegor wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:01 am
Yep. Messaged him some weeks ago. He is 'last seen' in the beginning of Aug. Hope it's vacation and not that he was fired for caring too much :?
Well that sucks, as if he's been gone that long, I doubt it's a holiday.

Yeah, my problem isn't really specific to Retro Gamer, but an order I placed on the site that never shipped. And I was hoping he could help, as CS through the site is a joke at best, and not reliable in any way, shape or form. After waiting almost 3 weeks for an order that never shipped, I finally contacted customer service, only to get the normal useless reply. It's now been 5 days since they said my order would reship, and still my order doesn't show "dispatched" on their site, and still no shipping notice. The same thing happened with the first order.

So when I asked why my order never shipped, I get sorry your order was lost, we'll send a new order right away. Well that's fine, but the first order never showed being shipped, and I never got a notice, same as this current order. Customer service with this company is beyond abysmal, and it looks like I'm going to have to file a charge back with Paypal, as there doesn't seem to be anyone at the wheel in regards to actually replying and addressing a specific problems.

I've been using that site for years, even before Imagine was brought in to the fold, and all orders normally ship within a few days, and I always get a notice. Every order I have ever placed, also shows the date of dispatch, so this is nothing new in regards to how this should work, but for some reason it's not.

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:49 am

thegamesnotoveryet wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:54 pm
Does anyone from the RG staff know if Mark is still around handling customer service issues? I messaged him earlier this week, and no reply, so I was wondering if he may be on holiday, or is the subscription representation in these forums gone again?
He doesn't work at the company any more I'm afraid.
There's a new contact though, so I'll have a word with them and see if they can sign up to the forum.

thegamesnotoveryet

Post by thegamesnotoveryet » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:40 am

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:49 am
thegamesnotoveryet wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:54 pm
He doesn't work at the company any more I'm afraid.
There's a new contact though, so I'll have a word with them and see if they can sign up to the forum.
Thanks Darran, that's greatly appreciated. I did get my current problems looked in to by the sites customer service, which was the normal robotic responses at first, but I did hear back from someone who at least appeared to be human. Apparently a part of my order was delayed, and no one thought to tell anyone, so many orders got delayed. My order apparently has shipped, but I still have not received it, so getting a new contact here would still be helpful, as my current issues are far from actually having been solved.

BennyTheGreek

Post by BennyTheGreek » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:36 pm

I couldn't care less about the covers

Its nice when its nice, but I don't spit my dummy out and threaten cancelling the subscription if I don't like it...I tend to open the magazine and read the articles etc inside....

That's why I have every issue.....

If you don't like something then simply move on.....

You cant please everyone all of the time and it would be a very boring world if you did.

fm4dj

Post by fm4dj » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:56 am

for me the covers a extremely important.
i really dont get the point. they are obviously producing the mag with 2 different covers. why dont let the customer choose what he wants?
whats so complicated to let subscribers choose (for havens sake only one time) the cover variant they want for the term of subscription???

RichL

Post by RichL » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:05 pm

I like the subs covers.

Do a vote - then if the people that don't like the subs covers don't like the result, we can keep on voting till they do - just like brexit...

Crusty Starfish

Post by Crusty Starfish » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:10 am

RichL wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:05 pm
I like the subs covers.

Do a vote - then if the people that don't like the subs covers don't like the result, we can keep on voting till they do - just like brexit...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

NickThorpe

Post by NickThorpe » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:58 pm

Please don't start with the politics...

Crusty Starfish

Post by Crusty Starfish » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:00 pm

NickThorpe wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:58 pm
Please don't start with the politics...
You got to be kidding? :? Honestly, just because a joke Brexit comment is made a semi idle thread get slipped in!!!!! :evil:

acidbottle

Post by acidbottle » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:52 pm

really like the latest issue, 2 covers was a mighty nifty plan.

bounty bob

Post by bounty bob » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:27 pm

The latest issue would have been better with the original cover on the back but still an OK compromise.
Atari 800XL thrashes the C64 every time!!!
(well, nearly everytime)
(OK, some of the time)