Search found 1040 matches

by Rev. Stuart Campbell
Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:36 pm
Forum: Retro Gamer Mag & Site Feedback
Topic: Retro Gamer Issue 104
Replies: 503
Views: 15736

Re: Retro Gamer Issue 104

We've still not seen any proof yet of proper factual mistakes other than the colection mention. Much as I hate to quibble with anyone who's defending me :D, that's not actually a mistake either. I didn't say the collection WASN'T available on other formats, I just said that it was SUPPOSEDLY availa...
by Rev. Stuart Campbell
Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:31 pm
Forum: Retro Gamer Mag & Site Feedback
Topic: Retro Gamer Issue 104
Replies: 503
Views: 15736

Re: Retro Gamer Issue 104

Except I posted more than one fact, argued why saying KO copying "to the centimetre" MS viewpoint (already used by other games, and certainly not a carbon-copy of MS view) isn't correct, Yes it is. Look at the pictures. They're at identical heights, where almost but not quite all of the centre circ...
by Rev. Stuart Campbell
Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:56 am
Forum: Retro Gamer Mag & Site Feedback
Topic: Retro Gamer Issue 104
Replies: 503
Views: 15736

Re: Retro Gamer Issue 104

Not really, distance and most of all pitch size are different, as well as overhead map, cartoonish-style, etc. MS is much more like Tehkan World Cup than KO is like MS. Who said otherwise? All I said was that it copied the VIEWPOINT. I have no idea why you're disputing that, since it's staggeringly...
by Rev. Stuart Campbell
Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:36 am
Forum: Retro Gamer Mag & Site Feedback
Topic: Retro Gamer Issue 104
Replies: 503
Views: 15736

Re: Retro Gamer Issue 104

Good grief. The original point was that previous football games had used totally different perspectives. The point within that isn't the overhead view, it's the DISTANCE of the overhead view. (Kick Off's is almost identical to Microprose Soccer's. Sensi's is much higher up.) This discussion is gett...
by Rev. Stuart Campbell
Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:19 am
Forum: Retro Gamer Mag & Site Feedback
Topic: Retro Gamer Issue 104
Replies: 503
Views: 15736

Re: Retro Gamer Issue 104

Good grief. The original point was that previous football games had used totally different perspectives. The point within that isn't the overhead view, it's the DISTANCE of the overhead view. (Kick Off's is almost identical to Microprose Soccer's. Sensi's is much higher up.) This discussion is getti...
by Rev. Stuart Campbell
Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:13 am
Forum: Retro Gamer Mag & Site Feedback
Topic: Retro Gamer Issue 104
Replies: 503
Views: 15736

Re: Retro Gamer Issue 104

But anyway, KO "copying Micro Soccer viewpoint almost to the centimetre" is again very wrong. Both games share the bird's eye view, but if you look at screenshot of the two games, how can you say KO's a copy? Microprose Soccer: http://worldofstuart.excellentcontent.com/ms1.jpg Kick Off: http://worl...
by Rev. Stuart Campbell
Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:32 am
Forum: Retro Gamer Mag & Site Feedback
Topic: Retro Gamer Issue 104
Replies: 503
Views: 15736

Re: Retro Gamer Issue 104

DreamcastRIP wrote: Yes, it is an answer. It may not be to your liking but there it is.
It's not an answer, it's an evasion, which is the exact opposite of an answer.

The Neo-Geo thread was a car-crash because of precisely what you're doing now.
by Rev. Stuart Campbell
Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:46 pm
Forum: Retro Gamer Mag & Site Feedback
Topic: Retro Gamer Issue 104
Replies: 503
Views: 15736

Re: Retro Gamer Issue 104

... you're telling us that you can't actually tell us what you're objecting to I never said that. And that's four. What is it you actually object to about the Kick Off feature? "Go and read through 20 pages of comments to find out" is not an answer, for reasons I've already pointed out. So just tel...
by Rev. Stuart Campbell
Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:01 pm
Forum: Retro Gamer Mag & Site Feedback
Topic: Retro Gamer Issue 104
Replies: 503
Views: 15736

Re: Retro Gamer Issue 104

Blah blah. I find a near-infallible sign that someone's lost an argument is when they spend several sentences/paragraphs/posts huffily explaining why it is they CAN'T simply tell you what it is they're trying to say, rather than just saving a lot time and saying it. It's a simple enough question: i...
by Rev. Stuart Campbell
Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:15 pm
Forum: Retro Gamer Mag & Site Feedback
Topic: Retro Gamer Issue 104
Replies: 503
Views: 15736

Re: Retro Gamer Issue 104

I've said what I wished to say on the matter already. Just as certain other people have here. It's all there in the thread. You may not agree but that's fine. I don't agree because I no longer understand what your objection is. It certainly SOUNDED a lot like you were unhappy that someone with a di...
by Rev. Stuart Campbell
Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:50 pm
Forum: Retro Gamer Mag & Site Feedback
Topic: Retro Gamer Issue 104
Replies: 503
Views: 15736

Re: Retro Gamer Issue 104

I've said what I wished to say on the matter already. Just as certain other people have here. It's all there in the thread. You may not agree but that's fine. I don't agree because I no longer understand what your objection is. It certainly SOUNDED a lot like you were unhappy that someone with a di...
by Rev. Stuart Campbell
Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:36 pm
Forum: Retro Gamer Mag & Site Feedback
Topic: Retro Gamer Issue 104
Replies: 503
Views: 15736

Re: Retro Gamer Issue 104

Yes. Had it been an eight-page Kick Off feature that DIDN'T criticise it, would you be complaining? Are you sure about that? Yes, I most likely would. Okay, so I'm confused, then. If it's okay to have opinions that differ from yours, what IS it that you're complaining about? I've totally lost track...
by Rev. Stuart Campbell
Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:08 pm
Forum: Retro Gamer Mag & Site Feedback
Topic: Retro Gamer Issue 104
Replies: 503
Views: 15736

Re: Retro Gamer Issue 104

Liamh1982 wrote:Reckon I could do a pretty good job ripping into Tomb Raider...
I'll fight you for that one...
by Rev. Stuart Campbell
Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:55 pm
Forum: Retro Gamer Mag & Site Feedback
Topic: Retro Gamer Issue 104
Replies: 503
Views: 15736

Re: Retro Gamer Issue 104

DreamcastRIP wrote:
Scapegoat wrote:And yet you condemn this article and the editorial staff purely because it expressed opinions that differed from yours.
Did I?
Yes. Had it been an eight-page Kick Off feature that DIDN'T criticise it, would you be complaining?
by Rev. Stuart Campbell
Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:13 pm
Forum: Retro Gamer Mag & Site Feedback
Topic: Retro Gamer Issue 104
Replies: 503
Views: 15736

Re: Retro Gamer Issue 104

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:If someone had genuinely valid reasons why all the mario games were a load of rubbish then of course we would print iT, I'd imagine it would be quite amusing. I'm not sure if anyone could put the opinions across in a valid justified way though...
I'll have a shot at Zelda if you like...

:D